Quantcast
Skip to main content
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 9:30 am

City fire responds to Taco Bell

post by Billie Owens in batavia, fire

City firefighters are at the Taco Bell on West Main Street after an electrical outlet was found smoking following a water leak.

UPDATE 9:43 a.m.: An electrical problem was found and will be handled by an electrician.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Trailer in flames on West Main Street Road

post by Billie Owens in east pembroke, fire

A working trailer fire is reported, flames showing, at 3322 W. Main Street Road. East Pembroke and Town of Batavia fire departments are responding along with Mercy medics. Call came from a passerby. Unsure if the trailer is occupied.

UPDATE 2:40 p.m.: This is in the Batavia Mobile Home Park. The fire has gone to a second alarm. Oakfield, Darien and Alexander are called to respond with mutual aid. Pembroke is asked to stand by in East Pembroke's fire hall.

UPDATE 2:44 p.m.: All available manpower from East Pembroke is requested to the scene.

Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Kitchen fire reported at College Village

post by Howard B. Owens in batavia, College Village, fire

A kitchen fire is reported at College Village.

Batavia fire and Mercy EMS dispatched.

The call was first dispatched as an automatic alarm of fire. A minute later the dispatcher came on with "updated information" and said there is a confirmed kitchen fire, confirmed via the alarm company.

UPDATE 10:36 p.m.: Alexander's Fast Team dispatched to College Village.

UPDATE 10:38 p.m.: Security reports the fire may be out, but responding units asked to continue.

UPDATE 10:40 p.m.: Alexander can stand down.

Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Structure fire reported on Brick House Corners Drive, Pembroke

post by Billie Owens in fire, pembroke

A structure fire is reported at 8705 Brick House Corners Drive, Pembroke. Pembroke and Indian Falls fire crews are responding, along with Mercy medics. A Sheriff's deputy on scene reports light smoke showing.

UPDATE 7:37 p.m.: Command has entered the building and it's "no longer smoking, investigating at this point."

UPDATE 7:55 p.m.: City Engine #12 also responded and is now returning to its station. The City's Fast Team, initially called into action, is told by Pembroke command to go back in service.

UPDATE 7:59 p.m.: The Pembroke assignment is back in service.

Friday, February 27, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Fire rekindles at house on Roanoke Road, Stafford

post by Billie Owens in fire, Stafford

Yesterday's house fire at 9418 Roanoke Road has rekindled and Stafford firefighters are called to respond.

UPDATE 2:27 p.m.: Le Roy fire is asked to respond with mutual aid for the rekindle.

UPDATE 2:50 p.m.: Responders report light smoke inside.

UPDATE 2:51 p.m.: A Pavilion fire crew is asked to stand by in their quarters.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 1:34 pm

House fire on Roanoke Road, Stafford

post by Billie Owens in fire, Stafford

A structure fire is reported at 9464 9418 Roanoke Road in Stafford, at the corner of Westcott Road. The call has gone to a second alarm and fire crews and equipment from Stafford, Town of Batavia, Bethany, Le Roy, Pavilion and the city's Fast Team are responding.

UPDATE 1:42 p.m.: A second platoon is called to city fire station.

UPDATE 1:51 p.m.: The property at this location has had two fires in the past two or three years. The house was destroyed in one; the other burned the barn. Byron and South Byron fire are asked to stand by in Stafford's hall.

UPDATE 2:09 p.m.: Command reports the fire is knocked down; checking for extensions.

UPDATE 2:39 p.m.: Howard at the scene says there appears to be heavy smoke damage and holes had to be cut in the roof to fight the fire. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical problem.

UPDATE 5:38 p.m.: All Stafford units clearing the scene. The Stafford assignment is back in service.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Chimney fire reported on Ledge Road

post by Billie Owens in Alabama, fire

A chimney fire is reported at 1084 Ledge Road, just east of the Reservation boundary line. Alabama fire is responding.

UPDATE 8:10 p.m.: Fire is out. Alabama assignment is back in service.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 11:54 am

Smoke in basement of duplex on Ellsworth Avenue

post by Billie Owens in batavia, fire

Smoke is reported in the basement of a duplex at 111 Ellsworth Ave. City fire is reponding. The building has been evacuated. The location is between Columbia and Manhattan avenues.

UPDATE 11:57 a.m.: "Engine 11 on location with nothing showing."

Friday, February 13, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Chimney fire reported on West Bergen Road

post by Billie Owens in bergen, fire, Le Roy

A working chimney fire is reported at 8029 W. Bergen Road. The location is between Selden and Randall roads. Le Roy fire and ambulance are responding along with Bergen fire.

UPDATE 10:44 p.m.: The fire is out. A code enforcement officer is on scene. Le Roy ambulance is back in service.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 10:26 am

Structure fire reported on Main Road, Pembroke

post by Billie Owens in fire, pembroke

Wires are reportedly burning inside the wall of a house at 182 Main Road, Pembroke. The city's fast team, Pembroke and Indian Falls fire departments are to respond along with East Pembroke.

UPDATE 10:37 a.m.: Fire police are to shut down traffic at Route 5 and Main Road.

UPDATE 11:45 a.m.: Fire is out. Remaining units are preparing to clear the scene. Road is reopened. National Grid is notified as well as the tenants, who were not home.

Premium Drupal Themes