Quantcast
Skip to main content
Friday, February 27, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Fire rekindles at house on Roanoke Road, Stafford

post by Billie Owens in fire, Stafford

Yesterday's house fire at 9418 Roanoke Road has rekindled and Stafford firefighters are called to respond.

UPDATE 2:27 p.m.: Le Roy fire is asked to respond with mutual aid for the rekindle.

UPDATE 2:50 p.m.: Responders report light smoke inside.

UPDATE 2:51 p.m.: A Pavilion fire crew is asked to stand by in their quarters.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 2:34 pm

House fire on Roanoke Road, Stafford

post by Billie Owens in fire, Stafford

A structure fire is reported at 9464 9418 Roanoke Road in Stafford, at the corner of Westcott Road. The call has gone to a second alarm and fire crews and equipment from Stafford, Town of Batavia, Bethany, Le Roy, Pavilion and the city's Fast Team are responding.

UPDATE 1:42 p.m.: A second platoon is called to city fire station.

UPDATE 1:51 p.m.: The property at this location has had two fires in the past two or three years. The house was destroyed in one; the other burned the barn. Byron and South Byron fire are asked to stand by in Stafford's hall.

UPDATE 2:09 p.m.: Command reports the fire is knocked down; checking for extensions.

UPDATE 2:39 p.m.: Howard at the scene says there appears to be heavy smoke damage and holes had to be cut in the roof to fight the fire. The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical problem.

UPDATE 5:38 p.m.: All Stafford units clearing the scene. The Stafford assignment is back in service.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Chimney fire reported on Ledge Road

post by Billie Owens in Alabama, fire

A chimney fire is reported at 1084 Ledge Road, just east of the Reservation boundary line. Alabama fire is responding.

UPDATE 8:10 p.m.: Fire is out. Alabama assignment is back in service.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Smoke in basement of duplex on Ellsworth Avenue

post by Billie Owens in batavia, fire

Smoke is reported in the basement of a duplex at 111 Ellsworth Ave. City fire is reponding. The building has been evacuated. The location is between Columbia and Manhattan avenues.

UPDATE 11:57 a.m.: "Engine 11 on location with nothing showing."

Friday, February 13, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Chimney fire reported on West Bergen Road

post by Billie Owens in bergen, fire, Le Roy

A working chimney fire is reported at 8029 W. Bergen Road. The location is between Selden and Randall roads. Le Roy fire and ambulance are responding along with Bergen fire.

UPDATE 10:44 p.m.: The fire is out. A code enforcement officer is on scene. Le Roy ambulance is back in service.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 11:26 am

Structure fire reported on Main Road, Pembroke

post by Billie Owens in fire, pembroke

Wires are reportedly burning inside the wall of a house at 182 Main Road, Pembroke. The city's fast team, Pembroke and Indian Falls fire departments are to respond along with East Pembroke.

UPDATE 10:37 a.m.: Fire police are to shut down traffic at Route 5 and Main Road.

UPDATE 11:45 a.m.: Fire is out. Remaining units are preparing to clear the scene. Road is reopened. National Grid is notified as well as the tenants, who were not home.

Friday, February 6, 2015 at 11:44 am

Electrical cord fire reported in basement of home on South Main Street Road

post by Howard B. Owens in batavia, fire

An electrical cord is reportedly on fire in the basement of 3507 S. Main Street Road, Batavia.

East Pembroke fire with mutual aid from Town of Batavia dispatched.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Smoke coming from chimney of vacant house in Le Roy

post by Billie Owens in fire, Le Roy

Smoke is reportedly coming from the chimney of an unoccupied house at 12 Pleasant St., Le Roy. A smoke alarm is also sounding. Le Roy fire is responding and a ladder truck from Bergen is also called in.

Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Fire reported inside residence on Olyn Avenue

post by Billie Owens in batavia, fire

An oxygen tank is reportedly on fire inside a residence at 4 Olyn Ave. City firefighters are responding. A neighbor called dispatch after the occupants ran out of the house screaming. "I don't know what you're going to find," said the dispatcher.

UPDATE 1:31 p.m.: Engine 11 on location and crew reports nothing showing.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Smoke in basement of structure on Lockport Road, Oakfield

post by Billie Owens in fire, Oakfield

Smoke is reported in the basement of a structure at 2719 Lockport Road. Oakfield fire is responding, along with mutual aid from Alabama. Town is Batavia fire is asked to fill in at the Oakfield Fire Hall. The location is Allied Electric Co., located between Bliss and Lewiston roads.

UPDATE 8 p.m.: Command says responders can proceed non-emergency.

Premium Drupal Themes