OK, let me guess. Somebody decided it'd be easier to prepare the "nectar solution" by heating it WHILE it's in the feeder.
Report of smoke in the residence on Telephone Road, Alexander
Submitted by Howard B. Owens on July 22, 2014 - 8:52am
Smoke is reported on the first floor of a residence at 3625 Telephone Road, Alexander.
Alexander fire is responding. Town of Batavia also dispatched.
A chief reports, "we've got smoke in the house. It smells like trash. I can't find anything." He asked another responder to check a neighbor's property.
A responder reports, "nobody's burning anything in the area."
A chief asks for the thermal camera.
UPDATE 9 a.m.: Alexander returning in service.
UPDATE 9:08 a.m.: At 9, two Alexander trucks went back in service. Now the assignment is back in service. The chief reports, "burnt hummingbird feeder."