Cancellations due to weather
Submitted by Howard B. Owens on January 6, 2014 - 2:34pm
Cancellations we know about:
- Due to severe weather conditions, all Genesee County grand jurors summoned for Tuesday, January 7, 2014 are directed NOT to report as scheduled. Genesee County grand jury service has been postponed to Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. Grand jurors summoned to appear must report to the Genesee County Courts Facility, Second Floor, One West Main Street, Batavia, New York on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. More information is available at the Genesee County Commissioner of Jurors Office at 585-344-2550 ext. 2296 or www.nycourts.gov
- Due to the winter storm expected to strike the Western New York region beginning the evening of January 6, 2014, the US Department of State’s Buffalo Passport Agency will be closed all day January 7, 2014. We expect to reopen to the public at 10AM on Wednesday, January 8.
- American Legion Post 626 Oakfield-Alabama has cancelled its meeting.
- The Alabama Fire Department has cancelled bingo for tonight.
- 4-H activities for tonight have been cancelled.
- The Village of Corfu budget meeting scheduled for tonight is cancelled.
- The Haxon Library in Oakfield is closed. It will be closed tomorrow if school is cancelled.
- The Chamber of Commerce Office will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday.
- Batavia City Schools has cancelled it's board meeting.
- City Schools have cancelled classes tomorrow.
- The Rotary basketball tournament is postponed.
- United Memorial has closed its URGENT CARE facility in Batavia early tonight due to the weather. The emergency room at 127 North Street is open.
- Oakfield-Alabama Central Schools will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, January 7th including all afterschool and evening activities.
- St. Joes is closed tomorrow.
- The Alabama Town Hall will be closed Tuesday, January 7, 2014. This includes the Town Clerk and Assessor offices and Court.
- Wyoming County District Attorney Donald O'Geen requested we post the following announcement because of its importance and it might get overshadowed by other news: Due to severe weather conditions, all Wyoming County Grand Jurors summoned for Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. are to report on Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. Grand Jurors should report Wednesday to the Courthouse at 147 North Main Street, Warsaw, NY. If you have any questions, please contact the Wyoming County Commissioner of Jurors Office at 585‑786‑8756 or www.nycourts.gov
- Genesee County Chapter NYSARC Day Hab Programs and Workshop are closed Tuesday.
- The Genesee County YMCA, 209 East Main St. will open at 8:30 AM, Tuesday, January 7, 2014.
- From UMMC: ALL OUTPATIENT SERVICES, including URGENT CARE and OUTPATIENT SURGERY (same day surgery) will be closed, on Tuesday, January 7th due to weather. Employees of these areas should remain home unless notified by their leader to come in to work. The closure includes: Jerome Center Diagnostics; LeRoy Diagnostics; Pembroke Diagnostics, Outpatient Lab and Outpatient Medical Imaging at 127 North Street; the Wound Care Center; the Pain Center;Cardiology and Internal Medicine practice; Batavia Family Care; Tountas Family Care, LeRoy Care; Batavia Urgent Care; The Corporate Health Center; the Women's Care Centers in Medina and Batavia; the Cancer and Infusion Center; Surgical Associates Office for Drs. Froix, Zucchiatti and DiBenedetto; Cardiac Rehab; Outpatient Echo and EKG.
For a list of cancellations on WBTA's web site, click here.
If you have a cancellation, e-mail info to email@example.com.