I think its time for them to teach them College students how to cook eaither that or to stay and watch their food it seems like just about everyday they are calling the fire dep t there.
Fire alarms blares from Willow Hall, College Village
Submitted by Billie Owens on September 22, 2012 - 3:36pm
A fire alarm has sounded at Willow Hall in College Village, located at 8170 Batavia-Stafford Townline Road. Town of Batavia Volunteer Fire Department is responding.
UPDATE 4:38 p.m.: Firefighters on scene report "nothing showing."
UPDATE 4:40 p.m.: The alarm was caused by burnt food in room I-101. The town assignment is back in service.
I agree with deborah! Ive been cooking since i was little and never had to call the fire dept! Hopefully there isn't a real emergency when they are busy responding to careless people burning food!
Yes the course should be named Microwave 101
With Steiner gone, they can afford their own fire department!
irresponsible kids these days
This must be getting mundane to say the least.
My mother lives in a fairly new apartment building in Spencerport, completed in 2010, and just putting bread in the toaster would set off the alarm. After about 15 alarms for toast, the local Fire Marshall required the landlord to have the alarms adjusted to not be so sensitive to bread toasting.
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the kids, and Ray is on the right track.
I Listen to Buffalo City Fire on Radio Reference.com often and they have at least 2 burn popcorn calls every night from UB and Canisious as well as 'Burnt Food' or 'Meat on The Stove' calls from apartment buildings everyday.
Much of this has to do with the sensativity of fire alarms, my brand new high tech smoke detector goes off every now and then when I am cooking with no apparent smoke.