MMmmm, now that's some good eatin'!!
Submitted Photo: Bunny in the garden
Submitted by Howard Owens on May 18, 2012 - 8:48am
Lol Gary, good eating during the season but right now they're multiplying like, well, RABBITS! They're making more stew for the pot! I do enjoy watching my fat cat try to catch them but they leave him in the dust. There are so many rabbits this year, more than I've seen in a long time.
Rabbits are strictly prohibited from entering my garden !
Lilies of the Valley are toxic. Bunny (as well as humans and pets) is advised not to munch on those greens. The leaves, berries and roots contain Glycosides and Saponins that can be dangerous or fatal if ingested in large doses. Glycosides affect heart rate; depending on amount consumed and age/health of the consumer, ingestion can lead to cardiac arrest. Digitalis, used to stimulate heart-rate, is a Glycoside derived from another garden plant, Foxglove- also considered poisonous.
Oh my..now I know how to get rid of what's his na....errrmmm...never mind....