Oakfield-Alabama announces vacancy on its school board
Submitted by Howard Owens on December 6, 2012 - 11:15pm
The Board of Education of the Oakfield-Alabama Central School District has a vacancy on the board. This vacancy will be filled by a special election on Jan. 24.
The newly elected member will serve the remainder of a three-year term set to expire on June 30, 2015.
Qualifications for membership on a school board include:
- Must be able to read and write;
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older;
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year;
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year;
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family;
- May not be a current employee of the school board;
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
All interested candidates are invited to pick up a Petition for Board Member Nomination form from the district office, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.