Notre Dame's Jeff Antolos, state champion runner, signs with Canisius
Submitted by Howard Owens on March 7, 2013 - 3:27pm
Notre Dame High School, Batavia, is proud to announce that Class of 2013 Senior Jeffrey Antolos has committed to attend Canisius College in Buffalo. Jeffrey, the son of Bare and Sheri Antolos, of Warsaw, will be studying Accounting while continuing his running career on Canisius College’s NCAA Division 1 cross-country team.
Jeff’s senior year cross-country accomplishments are indeed noteworthy and eye-opening as he:
- Led Coach Eric Geitner’s Varsity Boys Cross Country team to a 16 -5 overall record and managed to break four course records (Genesee County Park #1, Pembroke Invitational, Dansville Central and Avon Central) in the process.
- Was undefeated in GR-LCAA meets in 2012, as well as finishing 1st in the Pembroke and East Aurora Invitations and runner-up at McQuaid and West Seneca invitationals.
- Ran a sub 15 minute 3.1-mile race finishing 2nd in the seeded Varsity “A” race at the prestigious McQuaid Jesuit Invitational on September 29, 2012 where he tied for the fastest Section V time at this year’s meet!
- Surpassed ND grad Dan Bobo’s ’01 former ND school record for 3.1 miles by running a 14:55 minute race at the 2012 McQuaid Invitational.
- Became a two-time individual Section V Champion in 2012 while moving up a class from D to C at the Sectional meet at Genesee Community College on November 3, 2012.
- Became a two-time NYSPHSAA Champion in 2012 while moving up a class from D to C in the State meet at Elma Meadows on November 10, 2012 and became only the 5th runner (3rd boy) in Section V history to win two state championships!
- Received the NYSPHSAA Section V Class C Sportsmanship Award for 2012.
- Was named to the Genesee Region Cross Country All Star team for the 3rd consecutive year (2010, 2011, 2012).
- Repeated as a Democrat and Chronicle Fall All Greater Rochester (AGR) selection as a senior (2011, 2012).
- Repeated as a Section V All Star 1st Team selection as a senior. (2011-2012)
- Placed 11th overall in the Nike Cross Northeast Regional qualifying meet in Wappingers Falls on November 24, 2012 – 20 seconds behind the 2nd-place finisher and three places from qualifying for Nike Cross Nationals in Portland, Ore.
Jeff is also a member of our Fighting Irish Ice Hockey and Track and Field programs.