Morning roundup: Fire in Wyoming County, lower heating costs and agribusiness
Submitted by Howard B. Owens on October 2, 2012 - 9:10am
There isn't much new news in Genesee County so far this morning.
There was a massive fire in Wyoming County over night, in Castile and several fire departments from Genesee County responded.
A 25-year-old restaurant, the village offices and town offices along with some apartments were destroyed. There is some concern for the safety of at least one person, though no confirmation of injuries or fatalities. Water had to be trucked in because the water main to the village is being repaired, so fire hydrants were not working. Here's coverage from WIVB and WHAM13.
We don't know what winter will bring weather-wise, but no matter how cold it gets, we can expect to pay 3 percent less for natural gas to heat our homes and businesses, National Grid announced yesterday. It's the lowest price level in eight years.
And Genesee County Economic Development Center shared this video created by Buffalo Niagara Enterprise to promote the Genesee Valley Agribusiness Park.