Land sought for composting facility to support mushroom farm at ag park
Submitted by Howard B. Owens on November 29, 2012 - 9:16am
GCEDC released this notice today:
For several months it has been widely reported that a mushroom growing farm, involving a $20 million investment and up 100 new jobs to the region, is being planned in the Batavia Agri-Business Park. As this initial first phase of this project continues to move forward, we are now actively pursuing Phase 2, which seeks to purchase a minimum of 5 acres to 10 acres of vacant land for the development of a composting facility.
Besides the 5-10 acre size, other features that we are seeking are as follows:
- Zoned for Agriculture -- it may be possible that commercial or industrial zoned land can work as well;
- Water and electric service to the site;
- Topography: flat and cleared is ideal but anything reasonably close will be considered;
- Topsoil -- active farm land with topsoil is "not" required, therefore, if you can use or derive additional value by using/selling this topsoil then please do;
- Preferred location is on the west side of Batavia in zip codes 14020 / 14036 /14013 / 14005 but areas anywhere within a 5-mile radius around the Agri-Business Park will be considered;
- Landowners be assured that the buyer is a well-qualified cash purchaser.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you please contact Steve Blake at (716) 362-8707 or e-mail at : email@example.com