To all who won awards congratulations! I have to say that all of the effort by Batavians this year has been greatly appreciated by my three littles and my Husband and I! So thank you to all who decorated!
Jaycees announce winners of annual Christmas light judging
Submitted by Howard Owens on December 19, 2011 - 9:05am
The Batavia Area Jaycees were out driving around on December 18th looking at all the homes that had decorated for the holiday season. We didn’t get a chance to see every house, but what we did see made judging tough!
There are a lot of beautiful homes decorated throughout the community. These awards are meant to be given out as a friendly community project. If you have any questions about the contest, please leave the Jaycees a message at 343-5775.
Homes were judged on five different categories and the winners are:
- Most Traditional – 107 Grandview Terrace
- Simple & Elegant – 323 State Street
- Most Colorful – 237 Vine Street
- Most Commercial – 206 North Spruce Street
- Overall – 37 Union Street
The judging committee also had a few Honorable Mentions to give away:
Outside the City Limits:
- 8485 Stringham Drive & 3927 West Main Street
- 28 Roosevelt Avenue & 16 Vine Street
Some roads we thought did a great job: Redfield Parkway, Union Street, Elm Street, Stringham Drive & Violet Lane.