If you're between 19 and 34, clean record, in good health, here's your chance to join the Batavia PD
Submitted by Howard Owens on September 14, 2012 - 9:00am
The Batavia Police Department is looking for qualified candidates to fill open police officer positions. An open competitive examination is being offered by the Genesee County Human Resources Department on Nov. 17.
Benefits include: Salary- $37,391 to $55,736 per year (2012), Paid Time Off, Health Insurance and NYS Retirement.
- Candidates must be legal residents of Genesee County or of a county contiguous to Genesee County for at least two months immediately preceding the date of examination and continue their residency through the period leading to their initial appointment.
- Graduation from high school or possession of an appropriate equivalency diploma recognized by the NYS Department of Education.
- At least 19 years of age on or before 11/17/12 but not over 34 years of age unless certain military provisions apply.
- Ability to pass an appropriate medical and physical agility examination as set forth by the Municipal Police Training Council.
- Valid NY State driver’s license.
- U.S. Citizen
Conviction of felony will bar appointment, and conviction of a misdemeanor or other offense may bar examination and appointment
For further information, interested candidates should contact the Genesee County Human Resources Department at (585) 344-2550, ext. 2220, or go to http://www.co.genesee.ny.us/departments/humanresources/policeofficerexam.html
Applications and fees must be turned in to the Genesee County Human Resources Department located in County Building 1, 15 Main St., Batavia, NY 14020, before Oct. 10.