Batavia boys and girls track teams win Section V champions along with Le Roy boys
Submitted by Howard B. Owens on February 16, 2014 - 11:06pm
Both the boys and girls track teams from Batavia High School won Class C Section V championships in a meet at RIT last night.
Le Roy boys won the Class D title and the Le Roy girls came in second.
Batavia boys finished with 117.50, edging out Aquinas Institute, 74.50. The girls had 113 points and Wayland-Cohocton came in second with 110.
Le Roy boys beat UPrep Rochester 86-79, while the girls came in behind Marion, 71-60.
Individual event winners from Genesee County:
- Kimmy Lovett, Byron-Bergen, girls 600 meter run
- Batavia girls, 4x800 meter relay
- Kristyn Mott, Batavia, girls pole vault
- Julianna Lauricella, Le Roy, girls 600 meter run
- Becca Schwan, Le Roy, girls 1000 meter run
- Raelynn Moskal, Alexander, girls 1500 meter run
- Le Roy girls, 4x400 meter relay
- Le Roy girls, 4x800 meter relay
- Alex Egeli, Batavia, boys 55 meter dash
- Alex Egeli, Batavia, boys 55 meter hurdles
- Batavia boys, 4x200 meter relay
- Batavia boys, 4x400 meter relay
- Devon Koepp, Batavia, boys shot put
- Ryan McQuillen, Le Roy, boys 55 meter dash
- John Woordworth, Le Roy, boys 1000 meter run
- D.J. Ohlson, Alexander, boys 55 meter hurdles
- Le Roy boys, 4x800 meter relay
- D.J. Ohlson, Alexander, boys high jump
- Ryan McQuillen, Le Roy, boys long jump
- Ryan McQuillen, Le Roy, boys triple jump
Photos submitted by Nicholas Burk