Batavia Area Jaycees announce Christmas lights winners
Submitted by Howard Owens on December 23, 2010 - 9:10am
The Batavia Area Jaycees have announced the winners of their annual Christmas Light Contest, with awards in six categories this year, plus some honorable mentions.
Judging took place the evening of Dec. 18.
The winners are:
- Most Traditional: 12 Vernon Ave.
- Simple & Elegant: 14 Union St.
- Most Colorful: 8485 Stringham Drive
- Most Commercial: 21 Union Ave.
- Overall Winner: 2 Lincoln Ave.
- Friends of the Lighting Company: 16 Vine St.
An unannounced category for the Most Patriotic Theme was given to 24 Roosevelt Ave.
Honorable Mentions: All of Redfield Parkway; 16 and 18 Tracy Ave. (The Jaycees liked the wreath connecting the houses, which fits with a part of the Jaycee's Creed, "The Brotherhood of Man..."); and 120 Elm St., for its hand-painted sign.