Apartment resident treated for smoke inhalation after pot left burning on a stove
Submitted by Howard Owens on October 10, 2013 - 10:55pm
A person was treated for apparent smoke inhalation after a pot was reportedly left on a stove burner in an apartment at 18 Genesee St., Le Roy.
Le Roy Fire Department responded to the call after an alarm sounded in the apartment building. With a hallway seeming to fill with more smoke, and no immediate cause of the smoke yet discovered, a chief asked dispatchers to upgrade the call to a structure fire.
Bergen and Pavilion fire companies were dispatched.
Within seconds, a resident apparently emerged and reported the pot on fire, but said she had put the fire out.
Once it was confirmed that the fire was out, the second alarm was cancelled.
The resident was treated by Le Roy ambulance medics and Le Roy fire ventilated the apartment.
Le Roy fire is now back in service.