Wahoo! Prostate Health Checks in a tent! Sign me up!
UMMC holds Health Fair Saturday at Summer in the City
Submitted by Billie Owens on August 16, 2012 - 2:54pm
At Summer in the City this Saturday, United Memorial Medical Center will have a Health Fair featuring free health screenings, giveaways, raffles, refreshments, information and more.
It will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. under the tent at Cary Hall, located at 211 E. Main St. -- near the car show.
Bring your kids and grandkids!
Jeremy Newman of WBEE 92.5 will have a live remote broadcast from 2 to 4 p.m.
The free health screenings offered are for blood pressure, blood glucose, total cholesterol. Also, men's prostate health checks will be available from 2 to 4 p.m.
Community partners for the event, which will be there with giveaways and information, are:
- Genesee County Sheriff's Office
- Genesee Veterans Support Network
- Community Action
- County Department of Health
- Lovey's Imagination Station
- UMMC Infection Prevention
- Summit PT and OT
- UMMC Cardiac Rehab
- UMMC Foundation
- Healthy Living
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- Fidelis Care
- Dr. William Guthringer
- GC Office for the Aging
- VNA of WNY
- NYS Public Service Commission
- Genesee ARC
- Jerome Senior Apartments
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Homecare and Hospice
- Dr. Irene Burns
- Allergy Advocacy Association
- Justice for Children Advocacy Center
- ProcAir and UMMC Sleep Services