TA Travel Center evacuated, smell of natural gas reported
Submitted by Billie Owens on January 28, 2014 - 5:50am
The TA Travel Center is being evacuated because the smell of natural gas is reported in the building. Pembroke and Indian Falls fire departments are responding, along with mutual aid from East Pembroke. The travel center is located at 8420 Alleghany Road in Corfu.
UPDATE 6:02 a.m.: A chief reports no smell of natural gas in the kitchen. The building has not been evacuated. Waiting for East Pembroke's meter.
UPDATE 6:14 a.m.: Pilots out on a range. Relit. No readings on the meter. Engines back in service. East Pembrokes chief back in service.