Summer lineup announced for 'Friday Night in the Square' concert series
Submitted by Billie Owens on June 19, 2014 - 3:42pm
The Batavia Business Improvement District (BID) is releasing its Summer 2014 lineup for the free “Friday Night in the Square” Jackson Square Concerts, June 27th – Aug. 29th. For more than 14 years, the BID has provided free concerts in the Downtown for the Western New York community.
This year we have Greg Docencko and members of Genesee Symphony Orchestra opening for three of the scheduled concerts in conjunction with the featured groups. This is most exciting and we think everyone should enjoy this new addition to our series.
The following is the schedule of events for “Friday Night in the Square,” located in Jackson Square, in the alleyways off of Jackson or Center Streets, from 7 to 9 p.m.:
- Friday, June 27th – Opening Group: GSO – Greg Docencko
Featured Act: Stone Row (Celtic/Folk)
- Friday, July 4th – Northbound Rebels (Southern Rock)
- Friday, July 11th -- Mitty & The Followers (MoTown)
- Friday, July 25th – Opening Group: GSO – Greg Docencko
Featured Act: Bonnie & Collide (R & B)
- Friday, Aug. 1st – It’s My Party ('60s)
- Friday, Aug. 8th – Ghost Riders (Country) & Ghost Riders Drum & Bugle
Friday, Aug. 15th – OHMS Band (Soft Rock)
- Friday, Aug. 22nd – Opening Group: GSO – Greg Docencko
Featured Group: C’est Bon All Girl Cajun Band (Cajun)
- Friday, Aug. 29th – Bluesway Band (Blues / Classic Rock)
- Saturday, July 5th -- The Ramble Music & Art Fest from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Bring your own chairs. Rain Days – Concerts move into Batavia City Centre. Food & refreshments are available from Sweet Ecstasy during the events.