Natural gas leak prompts temporary closure of Summit Street, Le Roy
Submitted by Billie Owens on February 11, 2013 - 1:16pm
Summit Street in the Village of Le Roy is shut down after a report of the smell of natural gas coming from a residence there. Le Roy Fire Department is on scene and did detect natural gas with their equipment but are unable to shut off the meter. The fuel company has been notified.
UPDATE 12:22 p.m.: RG&E is on scene.
UPDATE 12:28 p.m.: The gas meter is being shut down at the curb now.
UPDATE 12:29 p.m.: Pavilion fire, which was also called to the scene, is released and back in service. RG&E asked Le Roy to stay there.
UPDATE 12:33 p.m.: There is no longer an odor of natural gas coming from the residence and the commander is sending someone inside to get a reading to be sure it is safe.
UPDATE 12:38 p.m.: A firefighter reports the air inside 51 Summit St. is clear and no natural gas is detected.
UPDATE 12:54 p.m.: RG&E has successfully disconnected the natural gas main line from the residence at the curb. Le Roy fire is back in service. The roadway is reopened.