Eighteen young people to be honored at annual Youth Recognition Dinner on April 3
Submitted by Billie Owens on March 26, 2014 - 3:30pm
On Thursday, April 3, the City of Batavia and Genesee County youth boards will be sponsoring their 18th Annual Youth Recognition Dinner at Terry Hills Restaurant & Banquet Facility. Eighteen young people will be honored for their commitment to community service and/or their impressive role in their family.
Additionally, the dinner will recognize an adult volunteer, two adult youth workers and a Business Appreciation Award.
The following young people will be recognized for their outstanding service in the community and/or family:
- Batavia High School -- Makaela Kitcho, Bryce Rogers and Nathan Cornell
- Batavia Middle School -- Chloe Dana and Marilyn Deni
- Elba High School -- Kayla Casper, Victoria Gallup and Alexandra Lacey
- Alexander Central School -- Adrien Marzolf
- Byron-Bergen High School -- Jacob Prospero
- Notre Dame High School -- Bryan Moscicki, Bailee Welker, Emily Vandenbosch, Andrew Mullen, Connor Logsdon and Tyler Barrett
- Pavilion Central School -- Elisabeth Pike
- Le Roy High School -- Emily Chavez
Donna Lander is receiving the Adult Volunteer Award for her commitment to volunteer in countless ways at St. Joseph School of Batavia.
Cathy Brown and Frank Buscaglia from Genesee County Department of Social Services are receiving the Adult Youth Worker Award for going above and beyond their job requirements to provide persistent and diligent services to children and families of Genesee County.
Paul Berardini, owner of Big Pauly’s Pizza, has always been willing to provide discounts and donations to the Youth Bureaus for the programs we are providing to the community along with great customer service.
Lastly, the Pembroke Girls Varsity Basketball Team will be receiving the Community Pride Award for raising awareness and money for Breast Cancer Research at Roswell Park Cancer Institution for the past three years. During this time, the girls were able to raise $22,332 for cancer research which was donated to Roswell.
Each recipient will receive an award in addition to commendations from NYS Senator Michael Ranzenhofer, NYS Assemblyman Stephen Hawley, the Genesee County Legislature and the Batavia City Council.
For more information about this event or to RSVP, please contact Jocelyn Sikorski at (585) 344-3960 or email@example.com