Deadline is June 30 to register for History Heroes Summer Program at HLOM
Submitted by Billie Owens on June 22, 2014 - 5:25pm
The 2014 History Heroes Summer Program at the Holland Land Office Museum is going to be our best year yet! For just $25 per day ($22 for Museum members), your child will be immersed in local and national history through group activities, arts, crafts, music, field trips, guest speakers, and more, culminating in a theatrical performance and picnic celebration!
The theme for the 2014 History Heroes Summer Program is “Railroads and Immigration.” The program runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for two weeks,Tuesday through Friday, from July 8-11 and from July 15-18.
To provide necessary attention and instruction to each child, and ensure that your child can experience our History Heroes Summer Program, please register by June 30. You may choose what days you would like to attend.
Our expert staff includes retired elementary teacher and program coordinator Anne Marie Starowitz along with Museum Director Jeffrey Donahue, Assistant Director Jeffrey Fischer, and art teacher Cathy Loria.
Highlights of this year’s program include:
- Designing “passports” and experiencing life as an immigrant coming into Ellis Island;
- A performance of the musical “We Come From Everywhere,” in which children will act, sing, wear costumes, and build and paint set;
- A field trip to the Attica & Arcade Railroad to ride an authentic steam engine;
- Healthy snacks and water are provided daily for participants. Full lunches will be provided on Tuesday July 9th, Thursday July 17th, and Friday July 18th.
- A day of weaving and knitting;
- Walking field trips;
- Historical crafts, and more!
Any questions, please call the museum, 343-4727. They will help you with your questions and tell you how to register your child.