My question has been for a long time...Why doesn't GCC have a culinary arts program to curtail this issue at College Village ?? It seems to me that the Town of Batavia Fire Dept. gets called there to different buildings for the same problem at least once or twice a week, but maybe I'm missing something.
Is that burnt food wafting from College Village? Duh.
Submitted by Billie Owens on August 20, 2012 - 2:33pm
Ah, the fall semester nears. Is that burnt food emanating from College Village? Why yes, it is. Room 203 in Spruce Hall. The college has confirmed it is burnt food. And the Town of Batavia now musters a fire crew to respond.
UPDATE 2:39 p.m.: The fire department confirmed the confirmation that food was burning inside Room 203 at Spruce Hall. It is back in service.
Hey Greg, from time to time I listen to Buffalo Fire on radioReference.com, believe it or not every day Canius and UB have burnt food calls as well. In fact my favorite is when the BN chiefs there say "It microwave popcorn again"
It has more to do with the sensitivity of the smoke detectors in dorms, maybe a PITA a but is quite common in college towns.
I think if students are burning food in their college dorm microwaves...they're probably not cut out for the culinary arts.
HI GREG, WERE TIRED OF PAYING FOR IT TOO . WONDER THEY HAVENT BURNT IT DOWN YET. THOSE KIDS
A huge influx of kids who may have never cooked anything in their life all in one area... It's no surprise at all.