Benefit Saturday at Elba Firemen's Rec Hall to young burn victim and family
Submitted by Billie Owens on June 9, 2014 - 1:07pm
Brian Shuknecht, son of Dave and Peggy Shuknecht, was recently burned in an accident and is in Strong Memorial Hospital with an expected stay of three to four weeks. A spaghetti dinner benefit is planned for him from 6 to 9 p.m. on Saturday, June 14, at Elba Firemen's Rec Hall, located at 7143 Oak Orchard Road.
With burns covering a large portion of his body, he will be enduring at least five skin-graft surgeries with extensive recorvery time. Plus, the family is still recovering from the effects of Dave being seriously injured at work late last year.
The community would like to help the family defray travel costs and any other costs associated with such an extended hospital stay.
Saturday's benefit will include spaghetti dinner, entertainment, 50/50 raffle, trip raffle, tool box raffle, basket raffle, silent auction, Chinese auction, a wine draw and more!
Cost is $10 adults; $6 under 12; under age 3, free.
Tickets are available at Chap's Elba Diner, M&T Bank, Elba Yellow Goose, Val's Hair & Nail Emporium, Torrey Farms, and the Elba Central School District office.
Call 993-2065 or e-mail [email protected]
If you would like to help, here are some additional ways to do so:
- Donate a basket for Chinese auction and/or a gift certificate for silent auction -- Contact Kim Perl at 716-474-3879
- Donate a bottle of wine for the wine draw -- Contact Heather Dillon at 813-1632
- Donate cookies, brownies, cupcakes for the dinner's dessert -- Please bring to the Rec Hall by 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 14
- If you can't attend the benefit, stop in Friday night, June 13, from 6 to 8 p.m. and place your chance on a Chinese basket.
- Make a cash donation -- Checks may be made out to Elba Sports Boosters, Inc.
For questions, please call Maureen at 716-560-4925.